Monday, September 26, 2011

Wellness Tavi/Ranting Future

I was on the wii fit the other day and gained more of my pounds back which left me extremely unsatisfied and it brought me to the conclusion that I'd like to go back to my Wellness Tavi stage. I felt so much better !about myself and I let that all slip away. So here's a bunch of things I do (and want to start doing) to try and make me feel healthily better:
  • Exercise every day. Seems obvious but I'd like to start exercising for a minimum of 30 minutes every day. Last night I was on wii fit for 45 minutes and burned 140 calories and felt great! =) I also want to start a situp routine. 25 the first day, then 50, 75, 100, and back to 25. Here I come, flat tummy!
  • Reading every day. I used to read all the time. And I've missed it. I feel like I'm a faster reader now that I try to read every day. Plus it always gives me something to talk about and it builds my vocabulary!
  • Drinking 8 glasses of water a day. This is a toughie. I can never seem to do it. But it's supposed to be really healthy for your system. So here I go trying it again...
  • Lotioning up with sleep therapy or stress therapy lotion. I'm not really sure if this actually works for me but it smells great AND keeps me feeling soft! =)
  • Brush/Floss every day. Again. An obvious one. However, I'm really bad at flossing so I want my healthy gums back!
  • Keep learning piano and start other hobbies. I feel like other hobbies give me something to do if I'm bored. They stretch my creative mind. I feel great saying I know how to do something. I've started piano and candlemaking. Calligraphy is waiting in the back room for me. I really want to be able to do it all!
  • Keeping a clean house. I feel so much better when my surroundings aren't all cluttered and messy. Sounds like a no brainer but I need to keep reminding myself to clean. Not to mention I have good liquid potpurri and love decorating with new things which raises my spirits. Raised spirits=wellness Tavi. =)
  • Being more optimistic/happy. I don't want to be crabby all the time. I hope to keep a better attitude.
  • Tracking food. It helps me to not overinduldge. =)
Well. That's a start. Does anybody have anything else they do to feel better about themselves???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Two posts for today. I just need to rant to be honest.
All of a sudden my life just seems to be changing. All of a sudden James might move out and live with Kyle. James is leaving for Chicago in either January or September. And I'm really worried about how to make a long distance relationship work. Ideally, I'd like to be able to leave for Chicago Thursday nights and come home Sunday nights. That gives me every weekend to be able to see and visit James. I'm also hoping that he'll be able to come up on his breaks and stuff. So now my problem is money. I'm hoping Megan will move in with me. That would be super fun and I'd have money to be able to visit him. She offered to take care of Nann's when I'm gone and said she'd be okay with it. The more I look into him moving to Chicago the more hopeful I am that it will work. I'd see him on weekends and breaks hopefully and then when I don't we can use the web cam, write letters, talk on the phone. Thankfully it's only a two year program and not a four year. Don't get me wrong. I'm so happy that he's moving foreward with his life and hopefully advancing in the career he wants. I just want to be assured that we're going to make it. I wish I could live with him down there but he's not comfortable with it. I'm hoping after (before would be better!) he's done with the two years that he'll be ready to move foreward with me, too. I mean we've been dating a long time!

Is it possible for long term relationships to work?

Sorry about this lengthy rant. I just needed to vent. =/

4 comments:

  1. Long term relationships, or long distance? And I like to believe either is possible... :) if both people want it to work, yes.


    And yay for wellness tavi! I'm currently fighting the urge to overeat because I have no extra time to work out. But I'm doing taekwondo, vball twice a week, and yoga so I hope I'm helping lol. Keeping up with wellness stuff is hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long distance, yes. And I hope so! Actually, I just worked out with my boss that if James goes to college in January and he works part time I'll have fridays off instead. That way I can go down Thursdayd nights and come back Sunday nights. It will (hopefully) feel like he never left!

    And how is taekwondo and yoga? I've always wanted to try yoga and I think taekwondo sounds fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that'll be nice then,though the gas money you'll spend will be well... not so nice lol

    so far I love taekwondo :] I'm getting my white belt soon... I hope! and yoga is sooooo relaxing. somehow it's still kind of hard and works your abs, but by the end I want to take a nap

    ReplyDelete