Friday, September 9, 2011

To Move or not to Move?

Sooo I've been faced with this decision about moving to Chicago and for the life of me...I can't decide what to do! I've been researching info about it...I've been making a pro con list...arghh. Does anybody know if it will be really really hard to live in Chicago? I've heard that it's really expensive...but...I don't know...here. I'll make my pro con list and then you guys can give input!

Pros
  • I'll have James as my roommate...therefore split bills for everything!
  • I'll probably get a better paying job
  • The experience of living in a big city
  • I'll gain some independence not having family down there...
  • It's only a three hour drive away if anything were to happen!
Cons
  • I really wont get to see James at all for two years
  • It sounds like it will be really expensive
  • I'll lose a great job that I have here
  • I'll be away from my friends and family! =(
Okay...that's all I'll start with for now...but I'll add later!

Input...?!?!?!

3 comments:

  1. CHICAGO!?!? okay well it's not my favorite place, but I guess there are a lot of opportunities... Also, don't you like small towns? It's huuuge and kind of gray, unless you're in a suburb kind of place.

    So if you don't go, you don't see James? I got confused about that. Anyway welcome to blogger!

    love, caroshine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, my profile link doesn't work so my blog is carolineshines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesss, Chicago. Ugh. There are lots of opportunites and the experience alone would be great! I have a feeling I would make more money being a nanny down there. And yes, I LOVE small towns...the big city would be crap..but hopefully only temporary...and no, I wouldn't really get to see him...this college requires you to be there from 9am to 5pm monday thru fri...and he would have his job...and currently no roommate therefore no money for gas to come up...not to mention a million family members and friends that he'd want to see...bleh.

    And thanks! I hope I get the hang out it soon haha.

    ReplyDelete